Diversity and Gender Equity Policy
It is the formal policy of the East Coast Protein Meeting to have a balance of gender in the composition of
1: The ECPM Committee
2: Convenors of the meeting
3: The Chairs of the sessions
4: The national speakers invited by the Chairs and also selected from Abstracts
Code of Conduct
The organisers are committed to making this meeting productive and enjoyable for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, nationality or religion. We will not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
Please follow these guidelines:
• Behave professionally. Harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary comments or jokes are not appropriate. Harassment includes sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, sexual attention or innuendo, deliberate intimidation, stalking, and photography or recording of an individual without consent. It also includes offensive comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion.
• All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate.
• Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees.
Participants asked to stop any inappropriate behaviour are expected to comply immediately. Attendees violating these rules may be asked to leave the event at the sole discretion of the organisers without a refund of any charge.
Any participant who wishes to report a violation of this policy is asked to speak, in confidence to the Event organiser.
This code of conduct is based on the “London Code of Conduct“, as originally designed for the conference “Accurate Astrophysics. Correct Cosmology”, held in London in July 2015.
Social Media Guidelines
• Blog or tweet about what you are hearing and learning at the ECPM (but refrain from sharing when the speaker explicitly requests you do so). • Talks are tweetable and shareable by default, unless speakers request otherwise.
• Converse and network with other attendees before, during, and after the conference.
• Provide feedback to the ECPM Committee – we encourage attendees to post/discuss topics of interest and ideas for future annual meetings.
• Use photographic, video, or other type of recording devices to capture the content of oral and poster sessions at the ECPM. It is prohibited to post photos/images or video recordings from these sessions on any online platform, including but not limited to social media, blogs, personal or professional web pages.
• Capture, transmit, or re-distribute data presented at the ECPM – this may preclude subsequent publication of the data in a scientific journal. Please be respectful of journal embargo policies and do not jeopardize the work of your colleagues!